Subject: Re: FFS reliability problems
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2002 22:46:49
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:40:36PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> Manuel, pas d'accord, I disagree with this.
>
> More people will be familiar with fsck and its implications than there
> are people who are familiar with fsdb.
>
> I would be rebooting the box single-user and running fsck in manual
> mode, largely because I'd forgotten about fsdb -- haven't used fsdb
> in years, not since it was exclusive to System V and the
> non-fragment-model filesystem.

Do we really want to start this thread again ? :)

An optional way of doing this with fsck is OK for me, but I'm still
conviced that this is the wrong tool for recovery like that (eventually
it can be used as a companion toool for fsdb, but it can't remplace it).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>