Subject: Re: FFS reliability problems
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2002 13:51:16
[gabriel rosenkoetter, quoting me]
>> I've done more experiments, and it appears that fsck torches
>> unreferenced files, rather than putting them in lost+found, when
>> their link count is zero [...].
> Fwiw, I agree with greywolf.  This should REALLY be changed.

Did you notice my other message, wherein I mention that I've got
patches to fsck_ffs to do that?  Optionally, at present, but of course
that's easy to change.

ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mouse/patch-tree/src/sbin/fsck_ffs/
contains them (and one other small patch to main.c, to make skipclean
default off - easy to reverse).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign