Subject: Re: Supporting sector size != DEV_BSIZE -- patches
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2002 01:40:48
On Mon 03 Jun 2002 at 12:49:34 -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I don't think that's the best direction to go. I think it would be better
> to do everything in terms of underlying disk blocks. Mainly since physical
> block size is a property of the drive, so if you take a drive to another
> machine, it will work. If we depend on DEV_BSIZE (and I'm understanding
> you right), then different kernels will look in different places.

On the other hand, it would be a nice property if a disk image taken
from one disk would always work on another, even if the underlying
block size is different.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woo betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.