Subject: Re: Supporting sector size != DEV_BSIZE -- patches
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/03/2002 23:22:52
--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:09:59PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 12:49:34PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > [...]
> >=20
> > The main locus of the question is what have people been doing so far wh=
en
> > they use non-512-byte sectors? Yes, we have hacks for CDs. But what have
> > the MO folks been doing? Any MO users who can speak up?
>=20
> Well, all the MO I have have 512-byte blocks. I'm not sure there is
> that much MO drives with larger block size.

Every 90mm MO with 640 MB capacity or more has 2K blocksizes.

We simply haven't used them as disks, only for tar, and waited for somebody
with enough knowledge of the filesystem /buffer cache to fix  it.

Note that (at least after a fix to amiga/disksubr.c a while ago), on Amiga,=
=20
you can use ADOSFS with 2K blocks.

Regards,
	Ignatios