Subject: Re: NFS/Linux compatibility
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/28/2002 23:27:11
> Depends on what the server is. I expect that linux's client works on their
> server. So our code must work when talking to a linux server.

Yes, by passing the same token to userland if running under linux emulation.

> I think it works because of a fundamental difference of definition.

I understood the problem. I was asking for hard data.
It can't be that hard to get it the-same-way-wrong-they-do-it without
changing other parts outside of linux emulation.

We can't get it right for them, but that's their problem.

Martin