Subject: Re: NFS/Linux compatibility
To: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/27/2002 18:55:35
Just for record:

Problem here is that Linux glibc mistakely interprets some information
it's not supposed to interpret. It's entirely Linux glibc brokeness.

Unfortunately, we can't fix Linux glibc. We need to deal with this broken
behaviour in our kernel compat/linux code, and massage the provided
values so that Linux glibc would not bomb.

This problem is completely orthogonal to NetBSD libc, which doesn't
make any assumptions similar to the ones made by Linux glibc.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html