Subject: Re: Accounting for differences in physical memory performance
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2002 10:40:52
On 23.05.02, 01:48:59, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> >  > Cool! There's a similar possibility of suboptimal RAM layout on the amiga
> >  > port, do you happen to know if that facility's used there too?
> >
> > Looks like on the Amiga, the facility is only used to keep the Zorro-II
> > accessible RAM from being allocated early.  (The i386 port does the same
> > thing for ISA-accessible memory.)
>
> I think that's enough (at least it is on my A2k... or would be, if I
> decided to upgrade it from 1.1 ;-)

Your Amiga is still running 1.1? Cool. Did 1.1. already have shared
libraries?

Oh, and while I'm here, I wanted to say thank you very much for g4u,
Hubert. Saved me a lot of work the other day setting up a couple of
Compaq Deskpro machines as X-Terminals :)

Nice work.

I ddo not use dhcp (yet), so I had to setup the network manually. Is
there a timeout for the dhcp autoconfig,, after which it drops you to
a shell telling you to configure yourself, or does it just keep
trying? I had to use Ctrl-C to stop it, but everything else worked
fine.

Is there a way to keep it from using gzip? Sometimes on small
computers, an uncompressed backup might be faster.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: My other computer also runs NetBSD.
		-- David Brownlee