Subject: Re: FFS reliability problems
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/18/2002 21:30:30
On Fri, 17 May 2002, der Mouse wrote:

# greywolf, out of curiosity, what was it that was keeping valuable data
# in an open-but-unlinked file?

Actually it was the GIMP.  I had gone through the motions of saving a
file when it caused some sort of fault (I couldn't tell because there
was no way to get to the console/debugger from X).

It initiated the save to a zero-length file, then the system crashed,
I rebooted it, and fsck happily cleared all those blocks associated with
inodes that had no reference count.

 #
# /~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
# \ / Ribbon Campaign
#  X  Against HTML	       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
# / \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B
#

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: We're not in canvas anymore, toto