Subject: scsibus capabilities.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/15/2002 10:11:51
Analagous to the pcibus_attach_hook in the MI pci code, I'd
to propose that a scsibus_attach_hook be added.

This would be a function in the scsipi_channel structure that
if non-null would be called in scsiconf.c:scsibusattach().

The reason for asking for this is that I'm writing a driver
for a new SCSI HBA which is fronted by a embedded processor
(like an I2O IOP but not an I2O IOP) and it presents an
abstracted HBA interface to the host driver.  It also tells
things about each SCSI bus (SE, LVD, HVD, FC) that really
should be printed and/or obtained in the scsibusattach.

The alternative would be to add a chan_cap field to the
scsipi_channel and various SCSIBUS_CAP_ bits to describe the
capability of the channels and then let scsibusattach print
those out.