Subject: Re: mandatory vnops and vfsops
To: Jaromir Dolecek <>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/14/2002 22:25:38
> Well, the only difference for your driver is that generic function
> won't do the final copyout implicitly, you'd do that from usemaclone's
> ioctl function directly. Not a big deal at all and no need to
> add hooks to irix_sys_ioctl.

Well at least to call directly the driver ioctl method without going
through sys_ioctl.

> > 2) one ioctl sets the return value.
> Return value for what? Other ioctls?

The return value for the ioctl system call. As of today, we have to way
for a driver ioctl method to set the return value.

> Well, I think it would be better to add hooks to irix_sys_fchmod()
> rather than definining new fileops.

I'm not sure I agree. I already have a version with multiple hooks in
various system calls for usemaclone, and it looks rather ugly.

Emmanuel Dreyfus.  Cette signature vous est fournie telle quelle, sans
aucune garantie de fonctionnement. En la lisant, vous acceptez
implicitement tous les degats qu'elle pourrait causer, materiellement
ou logiciellement.