Subject: Re: SB16 IDE support
To: None <>
From: maximum entropy <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2002 06:50:22
>Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 11:53:39 +0200
>From: Julio Merino <>
>Is it there any support for SoundBlaster16's IDE controller? I see the
>following in dmesg:
>isapnp0: <Creative SB16 PnP, CTL2011, PNP0600, IDE> port 0x168/8,0x36e/2 ir=
>q 10=20
>not configured
>If there is no support, I could do it, but I have no idea where to start...
>if anybody would give me some advice...

It should already be supported.  The PNP0600 identifier should cause
it to match the wdc driver.  Do you have...

wdc*    at isapnp? your kernel configuration?

If not, add it.  If it's already there, you may have some other device
using conflicting resources.

p.s. This probably belongs on port-i386 instead of tech-kern.  Please
redirect any replies.