Subject: Re: CFR: The Auto-Generation Block/Character Device Switch
To: MAEKAWA Masahide <gehenna@NetBSD.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/09/2002 09:43:27
At 02:37 AM 5/9/2002, MAEKAWA Masahide wrote:
>Here is a proposal for a framework to support the auto-generation of
>block/character device switch tables by config(8).

My only suggestion is to not have separate cdevsw/bdevsw structs but
merge them into a struct devsw but still have separate bdevsw and
cdevsw tables.  This would also that devsw_add only needs to be
called by a driver but its parameters would need to change to include
both CHR and BLK major nos.  There should also be defines for meaning
no block major number (-1 seems natural).

But other than that it looks great.