Subject: Re: Addiind a new filesystem support
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2002 18:43:14

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 06:20:52PM +0200, Ren? Amirkhanian wrote:
> Hello,
> 1- how to declare my filesystem.. and how to check it is there?
>     I actually did a few changes already and compiled..=20
>     is there a way to enumerate kernel supported filesystems?
> 2- which utils should I write apart? mkfs_myfs and next mount_myfs=20
>     after kernel support added.. =20

I can't help here yet... But to the 2nd point, I agree. You will need to
do those two programs to work with your filesystem.

> Those are the 2 parts bugging me for now, as I'm not sure yet, other fs
> internals=20
> seem to come easily once the basis would be set, has anyone got some
> hints??

Although... why do you want to implement your *own* filesystem? Adding
support for an existing one would be better (reiserfs, udf come to my

> Thanks,
> Rene Amirkhanian

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -