Subject: Addiind a new filesystem support
To: None <>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Amirkhanian?= <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2002 18:20:52

I am feeling it isn't exactly the right mailing list, but I didn't find
a suitable one,
you might have some suggestions.

I want to implement my own filesystem, so I did a few research about how
it is
handled in the kernel and some kernel reading.. My thoughts, after my
readings are:
1- how to declare my filesystem.. and how to check it is there?
    I actually did a few changes already and compiled..
    is there a way to enumerate kernel supported filesystems?
2- which utils should I write apart? mkfs_myfs and next mount_myfs
    after kernel support added..

Those are the 2 parts bugging me for now, as I'm not sure yet, other fs
seem to come easily once the basis would be set, has anyone got some

Rene Amirkhanian