Subject: Re: descriptor 012 hack in kern_descrip.c
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2002 12:23:27
On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:36:33AM +0200, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> I.e. my proposal is to falloc() the descriptor, but NOT
> FILE_SET_MATURE() it, and remove the icky /dev/null thing.

The /dev/null think is very icky indeed, and has to go. I was
thinking about using 'dead' vnodes (i.e. seemingly revoked),
but if non-mature filedescriptors wil work too, that's fine
with me. I admit to not having followed the original
discussion on 'maturing' filedescriptors, so I'm unable
to judge if there are potential problems.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/