Subject: "Definitive" patch for mouse support
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/02/2002 23:45:50

Hi all

I've been polishing my patch to add mouse support. Well, I've not created
a new device as I said in a previous message.

I'll re-explain how the patch works now. The functions are added to the
/dev/ttyEcfg device. They are completly optional, and are included in the
kernel by setting WSDISPLAY_CHARFUNCS in the kernel config.

The structure wsdisplay_char tries to be MI, as all attributes of a
character have been separated and decoded. Then, pcdisplay functions
set up this structure decoding video information properly, when requested.
Adapting mouse support to other arch's should be as easy as implementing
getwschar and putwschar functions in its screen device.

Well, I think that the patch can be considered "finished". Maybe you can
find some errors... please comment. And at last, mouse daemon is comming
soon :) I've a working version right now, but want to do some more changes
before you review it (maybe tech-userlevel).

Grab the patch from: (7Kb)
Remember... if the server is down, please retry a bit later.

Thanks a lot!!!

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -
Julio Merino <>