Subject: Re: Patch review for mouse console support
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2002 12:08:47
--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

I'm replying to my own message to add some more notes. As I'm writting
the wsmoused daemon I find several missing functions that may need new
ioctl's. I don't think it is a good idea to add more ioctls to wsdisplay
directly, as it currently holds lots of them.

What do you think if we create a new device, for example /dev/ttyEctl
that will hold all these functions? In fact, the ones I've written are
not "config" things, but go into /dev/ttyEcfg...

A thing I'm missing: a function to be noticed when the user presses any
key on console (so the mouse should be hided), a function to know if we
are on a terminal or the terminal holds the X server, etc... is this
possible with current functionality?

Thanks.

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 11:35:00AM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi all
>=20
[...]
>=20