Subject: re: mkdir with trailing / (patch proposed)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2002 07:57:02

   > On Mon 29 Apr 2002 at 15:06:07 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
   > > Besides this "bug" exists very deep in the core of the NetBSD kernel --
   > > it just manifests itself most obviously and most frequently with
   > > mkdir(2).  See for example the need to avoid it as implemented in
   > > /usr/src/bin/rmdir/rmdir.c too.  Obviously with rmdir(2) there can be no
   > > mistake that the caller expects the pathname to refer to an existing
   > > directory.

   I have no idea why the code in rmdir.c is there; it is not needed with our
   current implementation. Unfortunatly the CVS server is down, so I can't
   tell how long that code's been there.

sure you can; there are dozens of CVS mirrors.  just call cvs
with an explicit server:

	% cd /usr/src/bin/rmdir
	% cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot log rmdir.c