Subject: Re: mkdir with trailing / (patch proposed)
To: None <,>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2002 21:33:10

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 04:19:42AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In article <20020428191024.GA558@darkstar.local>
> wrote:
> > > I'd say just it is not a bug. I have no idea if we should support it,
> > > but it depends on our policy.
> >=20
> > But why is it so bad to allow it? Other systems do...
> Because we are NetBSD, not Linux (or something else).
> I suppose being POSIX compliant is our policy:

Okay, good reason :)

I've been thinking about it... we would include that feature in the kernel
but issue a printf() when a call to mkdir is done with trailing slashes.
That way we would know which programs are failing and fix them if we can,
but we get them working in the meantime.

Another solution would be to add that hack to the compat_linux, so we get
linux apps working (as that is valid in linux).

> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -