Subject: Re: mkdir with trailing / (patch proposed)
To: None <,>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2002 20:37:12

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 03:33:08AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In article <20020428182043.GA395@darkstar.local>
> wrote:
> > >=20
> > > No, this is a (well?) known long standing bug. There is a PR open on =
> >=20
> > The PR is kern/8155.
> I've heard that POSIX does not require to accept trailing slash
> for directory pathname. It's optional, so I think it is not a bug,
> and userland applications should not assume it is always acceptable.

Well, if it is "optional" why not include this feature? Some apps rely
on it; I found 'gabber' buggy, so I needed to patch it. But what about
apps that we don't have binaries of? They can't be fixed and therefore
won't probably work (as somebody said, myst).

> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -