Subject: Re: Intercepting system calls
To: None <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
From: Girish Wadhwani <girishw@mail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/24/2002 15:51:05
Hi,

Linux allows the interception of system calls through the ptrace system call. NetBSD doesn't have that option in ptrace.

-Girish
Re: There is a tool in linux, 'strace' which allows one to
Re: trace system calls. I've used it on rare occasions, when
Re: I though some particular system call was causing a
Re: kernel panic.
Re:
Re:  From the linux man page, it is derived from
Re: a tool that was originally written for SunOS, of some ancient
Re: vintage.
Re:
Re: I presumed there was something similar for NetBSD until
Re: the poster asked...
Re:
Re:
Re: