Subject: Re: dolphin 4079 PCI comm ports (dual serial, 1 parallel)
To: Wojciech Puchar <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/08/2002 23:54:00
Wojciech Puchar writes:
> as of you write it's faster clocked version but in pucdata.c there's still
> COM_FREQ put (=115200)
> try replacing  COM_FREQ with maximum speed it can do in pucdata.c entry

Thanks.  Yes I did that.  Then I noticed that my signal source wasn't
sending what I though it was.  The default clock turned out to be
right after all.

The next thing on the list to investigate is if I can get the kernel
to run it as a 16650 and use all 32-bytes worth of FIFO.  I added the
following option and rebuilt, but the chip still gets identified as a

	  options		COM16650

Wolfgang Rupprecht    <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.