Subject: Re: timeout issue in scsi drivers: mstohz()
To: Andrey Petrov <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/04/2002 23:01:50
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Andrey Petrov wrote:

> > >Yeah, well spotted, but still not enought parentheses, what if one day
> > >
> > >#define hz	0+1
> >
> > Then you lose.  If you want that effect, do:
> >
> > #define hz	(0+1)
> Right! But I'd rather have mstohz macro written correctly.

It's _entirely reasonable_ for it to use the value of a variable without
enclosing its value in parens.  If it weren't, then _every_ use of a
variable in the source tree (not just in macros, everywhere) would have to
use parens, just to satisfy loonies who want to write broken macros.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>