Subject: Re: kernel configuration for database server
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@sedez.iq.pl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/29/2002 12:54:31
On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:31:36PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I added the lines to a GENERIC/1.5.2/i386 kernel config, and config(8) did
> it's job without a hickup. I didn't actually build/run the kernel, but I
> wouldn't expect any surprises there.

This means exactly nothing, cause 'config' passes every option from the
'options' line in config. I had similar problem with setting kernel SHM* and
MSG* parameters for use with squid's diskd. There were few differences in
FreeBSD's and NetBSD's names and definitions of these variables.

The defaults are defined in these files:

SHM* : /usr/src/sys/conf/param.c
MSG* : /usr/include/sys/msg.h
SEM* : /usr/include/sys/sem.h

--