Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/compat/linux/common
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/2002 17:54:48
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> | There already IS possible race condition between fd_getfile() and
> | later checks, even FILE_USE(). Note also that i.e. sys_read(),
> | sys_write(), sys_pread(), sys_pwrite() also check fp->f_flag (and
> | eventually bail out) before FILE_USE().
>
> There is no reason to site other wrong examples. Just fix them :-)

Well, I don't feel like doing sweeping change like that at this
particular time. Those statements _are_ okay with current
biglock SMP, and the fd_getfile() and FILE_USE() kernel interface
would need to be revisited to implement more fine-grained locking
anyway.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html