Subject: Re: HP USB interface confuration error; quirk needed?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Ludban <nludban@columbus.rr.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/2002 09:57:26
Hello,

I've got an HP LaserJet 2200d attaching as a generic USB device,
looks like the same problem as this message found in the archives
(for an HP 1200se, IIRC).  ulpt.c (in 1.5.2) is dated 2000/06/01,
apparently this was never fixed.

To summarize the earlier messages in thread, the HP provides 3
interfaces: 1284.4 packetized, bi-directional, and uni-directional.
The ulpt driver doesn't support the first, and the match routine
doesn't continue searching for others.

Would any USB gurus be kind enough to provide a quick patch, or
point me at some more examples (a couple readings through the
ulpt attach routine hasn't clued me yet).

Thanks-

	-Neil