Subject: Re: UVM optimalisations / remarks
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2002 11:34:21
hi,

while it would be possible to optimize for applications which read from but
don't write to zero-fill memory, or write only zeroes to zero-fill memory,
that would greatly reduce the performance of all real applications.
real applications invariably write non-zero values to memory that they
allocate, so optimizing for this case is preferred.

-Chuck