Subject: Re: Adding a size parameter to stackgap_init()
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2002 00:11:10
> IIRC the stack gap is reserved at process creation time and it's
> not possible to decide later you'd need bigger stack gap.  You
> definitely want to check this before changing stackgap_init*().

Mmm... true. My patch "just works" but it must be overwriting some data
on the stack when I use a stack gap size > STACKGAPLEN.

I'm running out of idea about how to handle this problem. Maybe store
temporary data somewhere else? Or just make it bigger and hope we never
hit a case where it does not fit?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Il ne suffit pas de crier l'iMac, l'iMac! en sautant comme un cabri...