Subject: Re: Damn Intel GigE
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/16/2002 16:42:44
> What about systems where Intel gear is integrated already?
>
> The more drivers we have, the bigger out potential market is in terms of
> customers.  It is in our best interests to have more drivers, whatever

i can see on WWW page:

"NetBSD focuses on clean design and well architected solutions. Because of
this NetBSD may support certain 'exciting' features later than other
systems,
     but as time progresses the NetBSD codebase is getting even stronger
and easier to manage, while other systems that value features over code
quality are
     finding increasing problems with code management and conflicts. "

so are you sure biggest possible market is NetBSD target?!

i'm sure this target excludes the above. linux history is perfect example
of that.

99% of todays computer users won't see ANY difference between well
designed software and badly designed.

NetBSD is for the remaining 1%. changing this will kill it's well known
quality.

just my 0.03 PLN