Subject: Re: intel gige
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2002 15:52:22
It's not clear to me that Jonathon's driver is really unencumbered. He had
access to Intel docs via Cisco. It's not clear to me how he was then
authorized to release if_gx.

Anyway, as I said, I've lost interest in the chip itself. It's too hard to try
and work separate from Intel. If they want to help- that's actually great, I
guess! If not, they make it too difficult to use their h/w and still leave
room for an Open Source driver. I've given up on that route myself. It's
*sooo* much nicer dealing with companies like Sundance or LSI-Logic- they
simply just give you information and you can happily support their products.

-matt