Subject: Re: proposed re-work / unification of boot block installation
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2002 17:57:08
On Wed 13 Mar 2002 at 10:57:17 -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> : [Remark: there is a 2nd method booting method which might be useful to us:
> :  write a AmigaOS filesystem that's loaded into the RDB as a FSHD and a series
> :  of LSEG blocks associated with the PART block of the partition.
>
> IMHO, I don't think this would be particularly useful, because you'd have to
> make it a real AmigaOS object file with relocs (LoadSeg compatible) and deal
> a little more with the internals of dos.library.  Blecch...  :)

Wasn't there a BSD file system for AmigaDOS made years ago? I remember
it was a bit behind already then, since it was for the previous on-disk
layout, but it should be possible.

And there are sources for AmigaDOS compilers, assemblers and linkers
(DICE, among others) so in theory all can be built from within NetBSD.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --They that can give up essential
\X/ land.nl --liberty to purchase a little temporary safety