Subject: Re: intel gige
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2002 08:32:12

>  > isn't it funny? you/someone writes this driver for free without much
>  > intels support, and even ask intel if he can publish it.
>
> You are not in full possesion of the facts.  In fact, I willingly signed
> an NDA to get the documentation for the device.  They have a process for
> releasing source code written with NDA'd documentation, and I am following
> that process.
understand.

it's just funny for me all thats NDA's. WHY when i buy a device i cannot
know how to use them. IMHO it's breaking of basic consumer law.
not more than 15 years ago it was just impossible. you bought for example
TV with full schematics or these schematics easily available.
now - you may know nothing, except that the product you bought is "the
best", "revolutionary" etc...