Subject: New snapshot of ATI Mach64 framebuffer driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2002 08:43:47
Hi,

As you might know, I have been working on Mach64 framebuffer driver
recently. As of today, the `mach' driver started to do a real job.
Now the driver attaches to rasops and wsdisplay successfully, and
you can have 144x54 console in 1152x864 resolution (up to 1280x1024)
on your screen. Although there are lots of bugs and unimplemented
features, it seems to work quite well on my machine (i386 and Rage
IIC AGP).

It is available at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/junyoung

To-do:
 - fix bugs (I'm aware of most of them ;-)
 - port to macppc (?)
 - make use of hardware acceleration; currently it's so slow
 - virtual terminal
 - MI framebuffer interface /dev/fb - initial goal: porting Qt/Embedded
   to NetBSD (?)
 - ... and many.

Enjoy,

Jun-Young