Subject: Re: New snapshot of ATI Mach64 framebuffer driver
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/13/2002 22:18:47
> Rasops probably needs fixing.  Right now it tries to determine what
> endianness to use for stamps by checking `#if BYTE_ORDER == BIG_ENDIAN'
> which is not true for PCI devices.

I think there is a flag that can be passed to rasops initialization (Uwe
used that on Krups, where he had the same problem).

> The second issue is that the screen is cleared when wscons attaches.

True. I couldn't try myself yet - is the screen useable now when booting
via serial console?

Eduardo: does your message mean it works now as console on sparc64?
Or is it output only for now, only replacing the OF output part?
(I'm probably confusing working wsdisplay with working wscons)

Martin