Subject: uprintf() limitations?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Gimbrone <Nicholas.Gimbrone@Comcast.Net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/13/2002 00:52:27
I have a piece of kernel code (in an ioctl() routine for a pseudo-device driver)
that wants to issue about 100ish uprintf() calls. I'm finding that (roughly) the
first 40ish are displayed to the user (about 1-2KB of output I'd guess by
eyeballing it) and the rest seem to disappear into never never land...
specifically at about the same total bytes of output the then current line of
output from uprintf() is terminated and the next byte displayed on the terminal
is the first line of output from the userland printf() statement that follows
all the uprintf() calls in the kernel.

I didn't see any documented limitations in the man page for uprintf(), and am
hoping that perhaps someone can provide some insight before I go code diving to
figure out why this is occuring...

Peace -njg