Subject: Re: MSS clamping proposal
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/11/2002 15:59:27
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

: for the cited esthetic reasons,  I'd prefer it in the ipnat code.  However,
: I can see that it might be useful to people with non-NATed machines. Would
: it be possible to specify mss clamping with IPNAT, while leaving all other
: aspects of the traffic untouched?

This still won't do a uniform application, because the router machine itself
won't get the attribute, since NAT only affects machines *other than* the
router.  (From an aesthetic perspective, that's very `dirty'.  8-)

But in any case, this kind of attribute belongs on the interface or routing
tables, where real uniform processing of data happens.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/