Subject: re: Removing compat/aout
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/11/2002 04:01:00

   : I'll also remove the path translation hooks from COMPAT_AOUT_M68K.  I
   : don't want that code to be carried over to 1.6.

   Please do not.  I hereby volunteer to maintain the path translation for m68k
   through exactly one release branch (as I've already said earlier in this
   thread).

   But, if you want to make another option (COMPAT_AOUT_PATHTRANS?) that
   factors out the translation part, I would support that.

again, if the code remains, i insist that it go under some other
option.  COMPAT_AOUTM68K should collapse to COMPAT_AOUT (ie, the
things you NEED to run (certain) a.out binaries, rather than things
you might like to help you run them.)  i imagine that arm will have
similar issues to m68k when it goes ELF :-)