Subject: Re: Removing compat/aout
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2002 01:17:11
> anyone running a system with a.out binaries that they *USE* really
> doesn't want to have COMPAT_AOUT.  why?  say your shell is aout.. you
> type "cd /usr" in it.  where do you end up?  "/emul/aout/usr".

Kindly do me the courtesy of not trying to tell me what I want or don't
want.  Maybe _you_ don't want it, perhaps because _you_ have trouble
remembering whether you're running an a.out binary or not, or perhaps
because _you_ have trouble remembering that particular property of
a.out emulation.

That does not mean anyone else agrees with you, either on reasons or
conclusions, and it most certainly does not justify your telling me
that I don't want it on those grounds.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign