Subject: re: Removing compat/aout
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/08/2002 22:07:55
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Todd Vierling wrote:

# They're certainly unmaintained, or at least RCS is.  Besides, we don't use
# RCS in any of our source tree; CVS is there.  RCS should be ejected with
# extreme prejudice (to catch a phrase)....

...'scuse me?

I'm sorry, but does anyone else out there find CVS a pain in the butt
to set up initially, whereas with RCS, it's 'make the RCS dir and start
checking stuff in'?

Forgive me; maybe I've missed something, in which case I'll happily shut
up.

But if not, I'd just as soon as keep RCS around.  It's not maintained
because, I believe, it's stable in its last known good form.

				--*greywolf;
--
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 40 architectures.