Subject: I give up!
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/2002 21:09:43
I'm sick of tracking down infrastructure bugs in the USB code. :(

This delta is as far as I've gotten:

http://www.mu.org/~bright/lpt.diff

It does this:

adds a lot of printfs (should be removed)
adds a read operation to usb printers (for bi-dir support)
adds an ioctl to read the ieee1284 id.
adds an ioctl to query the current protocol.
tries to add an ioctl to change the current protocol.
adds an ioctl to send an HP specific USB command needed to access
  multifunction HP printers.

So far, reading and setting the protocol look busted. :(

Anyhow, if anyone is willing to give me pointers on fixes
I'd really appreciate it, it'd be really nice to support
a wide range of HP Printers over USB under BSD, but I'm
completely out of time and patience wrt doing this on my
own.

Any takers?

-Alfred