Subject: Re: Proposal: Audio: Sampling rate conversion
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/05/2002 07:06:25
> IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:
> > Personally, I would care about high quality 44.1k <-> 48k conversion,
> > but I don't want to read a book of digital filter right now.
> That's where I care about quality too, and that's also where it
> is expensive to get since you need a sharp filter.

It turns out the sox package in the pkgsrc collection has a resampling
function, which refers to the following reference:

/*
 * Sound Tools rate change effect file.
 * Spiffy rate changer using Smith & Wesson Bandwidth-Limited Interpolation.
 * The algorithm is described in "Bandlimited Interpolation -
 * Introduction and Algorithm" by Julian O. Smith III.
 * Available on ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu as
 * pub/BandlimitedInterpolation.eps.Z or similar.
 *
 * The latest stand alone version of this algorithm can be found
 * at ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/NeXT/
 * under the name of resample-version.number.tar.Z
 *
 * NOTE: There is a newer version of the resample routine then what
 * this file was originally based on.  Those adventurous might be
 * interested in reviewing its improvesments and porting it to this
 * version.
 */

(My apologies if someone has pointed to this reference before.)