Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: removal of brk()/sbrk().
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/04/2002 10:02:52
"Nathan J. Williams" <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>  wrote:

 > Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:
 >
 > > And if they're not "examples", why are they in our distribution?
 >
 > There's an entire class of configurations in our source tree that seem
 > to be there for vanity purposes only. I'm of the opinion that they
 > should be deleted with prejudice.

I would concur.  I think I had some but deleted them for this reason.

Although it _was_ handy to have them there so you could update your
sources and if a config file change was needed, someone would probably
have changed your personal one for you and committed it back to the
tree, so you wouldn't have to figure out what needed to be munged
and merge it back in.

One of the priviledges of membership, I guess.