Subject: Re: siop driver running out of resources?
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2002 10:41:55
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Brian Chase wrote:

> Use of a development kernel on a production system for a client...?
> (Presumably paying if they're unhappy)
> Oy vey!

Please look back through this list and see my previous response
directly addressing this issue.

1. The release does not boot, and has known bugs in a disk driver
that would make it extremely risky to run on this system anyway.

2. If you think it's "stupid" to run NetBSD-current snapshots in
production, well, a lot of NetBSD developers, including members of
the core team, are doing something "stupid."

This blind faith that the previous release is always going to be
more reliable than a current snapshot is starting to irritate me.
It's not like we have serious, methodical QA for our releases across
a broad range of hardware, especially for non-i386 releases.

cjs