Subject: Re: siop driver running out of resources?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2002 10:25:43
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Hum, looks like I forgot to protect access to the lists. Can you try the
> attached patch ?

Well, there are two problems:

1. The client never wants to see NetBSD again, and

2. I don't have any way of building kernels, because I can't get
the machines running to that point.

Since the client does have some spare disks, I would be willing to
see if I can beg an hour or two of time on one of their DS-20s to
try a system with this patch. However, I would need two things: a
working snapshot that's new enough and a kernel with this patch.

I'm not sure what counts for "new enough" in terms of the snapshot;
would 1.5W do? If not, someone would need to build a newer snapshot.
I'd also need a kernel with the patch. Which might be problematic
in and of itself, given that the last current kernel I got wouldn't
even boot the machine (though it apparently works fine on other
machines.)

cjs