Subject: Re: Propose: improve audio driver
To: None <kent@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tetsuya Isaki <isaki@par.odn.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2002 00:28:14
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:41:35 +0900 (JST),
In Re: Propose: improve audio driver,
TAMURA Kent <kent@netbsd.org> wrote:

> > I'd like to introduce the mechanism of factor=1/n to
> > struct audio_params for x68k vs(4) driver.
>
> I agree on requirement of reducing conversion in playing (and
> increasing conversion in recording).  I have comments on your
> patch.
>
> a) How about recording?  The patch seems not to modify audio_read().

Yes, as you know, vs(4) doesn't need to modify audio_read().
Are there any audio devices to need it in recording?

> b) When an application calls write() with 1 Byte data and
> reduce_factor is 2, your audio_write() drops the data, right?

Right.
Should I return EIO (or appropriate error code)
if reduce_factor > uio_resid ?
Or should I pad some data?
---
Tetsuya Isaki <isaki@par.odn.ne.jp / isaki@NetBSD.org>