Subject: more ulpt!
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@netbsd.org>
From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/25/2002 17:33:33
GRRR!

It seems that if I use the /dev/ulpt0 interface, when I do an open(2)
on the device, the first time it's ok, however subsequent times
hang the process while trying to issue the reset request inside
of ulpt_reset().

The usbdi.c code takes a "default timeout", shouldn't these requests
somehow timeout?  In usbd_transfer() there's a tsleep loop that
doesn't use a timeout, is it the responsibility of the
pipe->methods->transfer() method to use some sort of callout
callback to implement the timeout?  Or do we need to pass an
arg to tsleep?

Shouldn't the default timeout be a bit shorter it seems to hang
forever...

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/