Subject: Re: usb printers?
To: Jared D. McNeill <>
From: Alfred Perlstein <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/24/2002 14:30:47
* Jared D. McNeill <> [020224 13:12] wrote:
> > Anyone using a usb printer (ulpt) on recent NetBSD?  Is it working ok?
> Yep, I have an Apollo 2150U (not sure on the exact model off-hand). It
> works relatively well with the alternate ulpt device (/dev/ulpn0? I'm not
> 100% on the device name, check i386's MAKEDEV on -current).
> Every once in a while lpd seizes and the print queue doesn't get printed
> until I reboot, but other than that it works fine.

thank you very much, it's somewhat important that I find a BSD
with a working USB printer driver so that I can port over the
HP Linux USB printer stuff.

I guess I should look myself but since you're around... how does
one choose the "alternate" printer driver instead of the "standard"
one?  Is there some special option?

-Alfred Perlstein []
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: