Subject: Re: ddb; how about adb?
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/24/2002 14:03:08
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, David Laight wrote:

> Only ever ran RSX/11M or RT/11 on the pdp 11/30 :-(
> Mind you Unix clearly has its roots in RSX/11M...

There may be some crossover, but Unix got it's start on the PDP-7 in
1969 I think--and it more directly ties its heritage to Multics.  Also,
V1 Unix was around in 1971, and V4 was around by 1973.  RSX/11M wasn't
released until 1974, so much of the PDP-11 AT&T Bell Labs Unix was in
place by that time.  If there are similarities, I'd almost suspect that
RSX/11M found some inspiration in Unix.

Wow, this is on tech-kern and not ClassicCmp or the PUPS list.

-brian.