Subject: an idea
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/17/2002 12:56:06
Hi, I've got a proposal for a new mk.conf option related to kernel builds.
On my system, whenever I build/install a new kernel, I always copy
netbsd.gdb to / as well, so it's easy to find if I need to debug the kernel.
I don't think anybody would want that to be the default behaviour, as
netbsd.gdb tends to be a little large and that wouldn't be a good idea on
systems with limited space for /, but would an option in mk.conf to have
netbsd.gdb installed (and if there is already a netbsd.gdb, move that to
onetbsd.gdb when we rename the old kernel) be possible?

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive