Subject: Re: documentation for sys/sys/buf.h:struct buf
To: Jochen Kunz <>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/08/2002 00:50:28
At 22:43 Uhr +0100 7.2.2002, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
>Jochen Kunz wrote:
>> Also: What ioctls must / should be implemented in a disk driver? disk(9)
>> says nothing about ioctls and disklabel(9) only mentions DIOCWLABEL.
>When I was writing edc/ed driver, I found wdc/wd driver code
>a good lead of what is expected from disk driver.

when I wrote up /sys/arch/mac68k/obio/iwm_fd.c I gave it a fairly complete
list of ioctls - even those that the driver did not actually handle (yet).
You may want to look at fdioctl().

N.B. "─nn Gruu▀ inn die Palz!"  ;)

/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order
 X  Against HTML                    will lose both and deserve neither."
/ \ Email!                                                 Benjamin Franklin